Thursday, March 13, 2008

Welcome to Digital Video Tidbits

This is my first experience blogging so I thought I would pick something that I spend probably way too much time learning about - digital video. Hopefully this blog will help anyone interested in working with digital video, professional and ameteur alike. Being a relatively poor individual I have done a bunch of digging into affordable (if not free) solutions to a lot of the problems that plague DV users so if you're looking for advice or tutorials on high end programs like avid or even final cut, this is probably not the right place, sorry. Here we'll talk about just about every aspect of DV usage - from shooting to burning to ripping to editing, it's a blog right? We'll go all over. Anyway, I hope you find this info as useful as I did. Happy shooting,

zb

Here are some of the items that I hope to cover. Let me know if there is one you are looking for right away otherwise I'll just work on whichever one suits my mood,

  • Editing options
  • Lighting DV
  • Using the EVF instead of the LCD (unless your EVF is an LCD)
  • Color Correction
  • Compressing options
  • Compressing sound - lame mp3 - surround sound
  • Ripping DVDs - dvddecrypter, dvdshrink, slysoft's anydvd
  • Moving your home DVD library to your HTPC
  • sound Sound SOUND!
  • Burning DVDs
  • Uploading to Youtube or the internet (keeping the quality) sample code for flv player on your site
  • Setting up good dv shots
  • Interlacing
  • Just shoot it!
  • Capturing your DV effectively
  • iTunes, WMP, and other DRMed video
  • The fun stuff - keying and mattes, models and miniatures, and other "how did they do thats?"!

No comments: