Friday, March 6, 2009

AutoGK saves the day…again.


I recently shot a video using an HD camera that I needed to pull together for work. Since this was my first foray into professional HD shooting I, of course, wanted to shoot at the absolute highest quality possible. The resulting video would not capture through conventional DV means so I found this nifty app: HDV Split (http://strony.aster.pl/paviko/) which worked like a charm. Oh, and don’t be fooled by the ghetto site, this program is definitely what I needed when I needed it!
Anyway, I got the video off of the camera into several M2T files. WTH is that? Nothing wanted to open them right (I was on a work machine at the time…office grunt = not happy with HD) and I needed the video to run for a business meeting. After some google searching I figured, why not just try autoGK to xvid the video. Sure enough, it accepted the M2T video just fine and spit out a beautiful .avi. If you’re ever needing an HDV downconvert, AutoGK handles it nicely.

No comments: